Spring Vision


It’s the first day of spring. Where we are, the ground is covered in snow, and the air is still bitingly chilled. Yet, the trees are not anxious about what will happen next. They don’t concern themselves with worry about how their leaves will come forth or how fruit will be born on their branches. The crocuses under the frozen ground are not fretting about how they’ll break through and blossom. No, they just rest until the warmth begins to penetrate the soil and they are freed. And when the time is right, the leaves and fruit on the trees and the flowers waiting in the earth don’t hesitate to come forth. The colors of spring overtake the grays and browns of winter. The sun’s rays warm the land, the songbirds return to partake in the abundance, and it’s as though a time of rejoicing has begun.
 
It’s a time of spring for me too. There is a vision that awaits the appointed time, waiting to be birthed. The winter has ended, and yet, there is snow still covering the ground of the mission lying before me. Unlike the trees, I tend to be anxious about what will happen next and how in the world it will come about. I want to fret about how the vision will break free and blossom into the thing it’s meant to be. I stress about my ability to bring it about, being the epitome of “the foolish thing” that God chooses to confound the wise. And yet, in my hesitation and consternation, I am beginning to feel the warmth that accompanies spring. I know in my “knower” that the process of budding has begun, and it has nothing to do with my stress or anxiety. It has all to do with the vision, the appointed time, and the One who initiated the process to begin with.
And so I’ll learn something from the trees, the crocuses, and the daffodils that come forth with such brilliance and joy. I’ll continue to prepare while the chilly morning air takes my breath away in clouds of white. I’ll be anxious about nothing, but continue to thankfully present my vision and mission to God and those who are willing to run with it beside me. And when the time is right, the vision, though it may linger, will come and not be late. It will be right on time and will accomplish what it is meant to do and achieve the purpose for which it was birthed.

What is the vision that is beginning to come alive in you? Comment about it here, and there may be a giveaway in it for you!
Isaiah 55:11, Habakkuk 2:2-3, Matthew 6:26, 1 Corinthians 1:27, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 4:6, 1 Thess. 5:16-18, James 1:2-4

Comments

Popular Posts